John H. Wood Jr. Charter District
To increase the capacity for human greatness!

Williams House

our administration

    Shannon Patrick
    (210) 638-5801
    Send Email

    Mary Ann Best
    (210) 638-5800
    Send Email



    At Williams House, we believe children should learn the academic and social skills to give them the traits necessary to increase the capacity for human greatness. While instilling the importance of trying to do your best we have created our school rules: be safe, belong, be great, and find joy. Assisting your student with understanding the importance of these rules and reinforcing their concepts assures that Williams House School is a safe, healthy, and positive environment for everyone. 

    Teachers, facility staff, parents/guardians, and the community working hand-in-hand assure that we are helping our children learn the skills to become leaders for tomorrow. Because we understand that students learn in diverse ways we value a variety of learning styles and teaching styles. We use data to inform instruction, intervention, and enrichment. We understand education is the key to a successful life, and all of us are dedicated to providing the children of Williams House with a quality education in a safe environment. By focusing on learning we work together to create a life worth living. As a collaborative team, our staff devotes itself to helping every student achieve success. Remember, if you have any questions or concerns please contact us. This is going to be a great year!

    Stephanie House, M.Ed.. (abd) Ed.D.

    Records Request

    Please formerly request records through the TREX records system. For questions about records, please e-mail the campus registrar or call (210) 638-5800. For questions regarding special education records, please call (210) 638-5023.

    open enrollment

    Hello Parent/Guardian(s),

    Please fill out all enrollment papers in this packet completely. Parents/guardians should bring a copy of the student’s:

    • Shot records
    • Birth certificate
    • Social security card
    • Most recent report card
    • Any special education, or 504, or LPAC paperwork (if applicable)

    This required information is needed in order to provide the most appropriate services within your child’s educational day here at Williams House. We like to draw your attention to the following items specifically:

    • At the end of the packets is our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for your student to be able to use the school’s computers. You only need to return the signed page of this with the rest of the packet. 
    • The NCLB Title 1 school-parent compact is information for you to keep. It is located just before the AUP. 
    • The at risk sheet does have “residential placement” checked but please mark any additional qualifying factors.
    • Student dress code
    • Student handbook acknowledgement

    We look forward to working with your child during their stay at Williams House and hope to contribute to their growth and success. Feel free to call or e-mail the registrar if you have any questions about the enrollment process!

    Kind regards,

    MaryAnn Best
    (210) 638-5800 

    Stephanie House

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Is the John H. Wood Jr. (JHW) Campus a therapeutic private school?

    No, the JHW campus is not a therapeutic private school. The JHW campus is a public charter school that serves the Williams House facility primarily. However, based upon enrollment numbers may be able to take additional students from the public.

    Back to Top

    Are the JHW Williams House teachers employees of the facility?

    No, all teachers and instructional aides are employees of the John H. Wood Jr. Charter School District.  

    **Some teachers and aides work part-time in the evenings and on weekends for the facility. The JHW school campus and facility are two separate entities working together to create an environment where students can be safe, receive therapy, and continue their education.

    Back to Top

    Is the Williams House School Campus an accredited school?

    Yes, Williams House School is recognized by the Texas Education Agency as an accredited school.

    Back to Top

    Does the JHW Campus have a year round school program?

    JHW Campuses offer a traditional school calendar with a possible summer enrichment or school session (depending on budget allowances).

    Back to Top

    What school records should parents/guardians bring with them when going through the admittance process with the facility?

    Parents/guardians should bring a copy of the student’s:

    • Shot records
    • Birth certificate
    • Social security card
    • Most recent report card
    • Any special education or 504 paperwork (if applicable)
    • Parents/guardians will need to fill out the school packet during the intake process 
    Back to Top

    How do I contact the school?

    Williams House

    • School office: (210) 638.5800
    • School fax: (512) 515.5875

    School Address:

    • John H. Wood Jr. Charter School District
      Williams House Campus
      107 W. Railway
      Lometa TX, 76853

    Back to Top

    What is the daily schedule?

    Elementary students attend from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Secondary students attend from 9:00 a.m. until 2:50 p.m.

    Back to Top

    Do all students at the JHW School Campus receive special education services?

    No, all students at the JHW Williams House campus do not receive special education services. We are a public charter school; therefore, we also serve students who do not require services. If you have questions regarding special education services, please do not hesitate to contact our special education office at (210) 638.5023.

    Back to Top

    Are all students evaluated for special education services when they are enrolled?

    No, we do not automatically evaluate all students for special education at the JHW Williams House campus. If you have a concern or a question regarding special education services, please contact your student’s principal.

    Back to Top

    If a student was in the process of a special education evaluation at their previous school, how is the process completed?

    If your student was in the process of a special education referral in their previous school, please notify our special education department at (210) 638.5023.

    Back to Top

    What do I do if my child has a 504 plan?

    Please indicate on the enrollment forms that your child has a 504 plan. If you have any questions regarding 504 services, please contact us.

    Back to Top

    What curriculum is used?

    The JHW school campus uses a district created scope and sequence and teacher developed lesson plans that incorporate the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.

    Back to Top

    How will my child be scheduled into classes?

    Previous school records are reviewed when students enroll and the students are placed in a comparable schedule, if available. Our campus offers the four core classes (English, math, science, and social studies), physical education, Life College elective and study skills.

    Back to Top

    What is the grading scale?

    A standards-based report card is used for grades K-2.

    The following grading scale is used for grades 3 through 12:

    • A - 90-100 
    • B - 80-89 
    • C - 70-79 
    • F - 69 or below

    A grade point average (GPA) for high school course work shall be calculated for all students using all courses taken that are awarded state credit, using an un-weighted 4.0 scale.

    • A - 4.0
    • B - 3.0 
    • C - 2.0 
    • F - 0.0
    Back to Top

    How will I receive information about my student’s progress at school?

    We issue report cards at the end of every six weeks. We generate progress reports at three weeks. If you wish to have other progress updates, please do not hesitate to contact the teachers via email.

    Back to Top

    Does my child have to participate in the Texas State Assessments?

    Yes, all students in grades 3 through 12 will take the Texas State Assessments if they are enrolled and present during the time of testing.

    Back to Top

    What steps should a parent take with the school when their child is about to discharge?

    When students are about to discharge, it is important for guardians/parents to notify the records clerk:

    A records clerk can answer questions about the withdrawal process and prepare the withdrawal form for the student.

    Back to Top

    Does the JHW School Campus provide suggestions for future placements?

    No, the JHW Campus does not provide suggestions for future placements. School staff are only familiar with their district services and do not have a representative for this purpose. Families should be consulting with the facility therapist about what would be appropriate for future placements.

    Back to Top

    How can the JHW School Campus help with transition to a new school?

    At the JHW School Campus, we are willing to help make transition to the new environment as seamless as possible. We are able to participate in a phone conference with the new school to give an update of progress, describe our setting, or answer any questions that the new school has regarding the JHW School Campus. You may contact the school principal to arrange a conference.

    Back to Top

    How will my child’s new school receive records from the JHW campus?

    Texas Requests

    • The Texas Records Exchange (TREx) system is a web-based software application designed for the exchange of electronic student records as mandated by the 79th Legislature, 3rd Called Session, 2006 (House Bill 1). By using the TREx application, school registrars have the ability to electronically request and receive student records for students who have attended or will be attending Texas public schools. High school registrars and counselors also have the ability to electronically create and send official student transcripts to Texas public colleges and universities using TREx.

    Out of State Requests

    • Please have the registrar/school records clerk from the receiving school fax a written request for records to our campus records clerk, MaryAnn. If you have any other questions regarding records, can be reached at (210) 638.5800.

    Back to Top